Our program culminates in a capstone course in which you take the reins to your education and apply what you've learned throughout the program to a real-world project from start to finish. You will work in groups of 3-4 to select and tackle an open-ended, client-driven project. We provide support as you connect with corporate, government, and faculty mentors to address your chosen issue.
In addition to finding creative ways to use the technical data management and visualization tools you learn through your coursework, the capstone project helps you hone other important professional skills such as teamwork, project management, and how to implement ethical considerations and other potential side effects of a selected course of action.
- Professional consulting report to support your findings
- Formal presentations to a panel of professionals and academics
- Hone your professional & technical skills
- Expand your network of experts, mentors, and peers in a select field
- Become introduced to a variety of issues as other teams address separate issues